Request a Tour
The Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office offers tours of its facilities on a limited basis as an effort to give the community an understanding of how the Sheriff’s Office functions as a law enforcement agency.
The following are required prior to participating in a tour of any of the facilities:
- The minimum age to tour the facility is twelve (12) years of age. This age would include middle school grades 6th, 7th, and 8th. Any deviations shall be approved by a member of the Executive Team.
- Twenty (20) participants, excluding chaperones, is an optimal number and size of group.
- The Sheriff’s Office requests a minimum of two weeks notice when requesting a tour in one of their facilities.
- No tours shall be scheduled Monday thru Friday before 9:00 AM.
- Those attending the tour will have no communication with inmates or participants (those sentenced to the Community Corrections).
- The confinement center reserves the right to request names and identifiers of persons expected on a tour in advance for security reasons and may refuse their entry with just cause.
- Persons on parole or probation or currently in any other court mandated program must notify the jail staff of such and may be denied admittance.
- All persons participating in the tour must pass through the metal detector successfully.
- No cameras, cell phones, or any type of weapon will be allowed in the secured part of the Confinement Center.
- All persons shall wear proper attire while in the confinement center.
- In the event of an emergency or at the discretion of the on duty supervisor, the tour can be stopped at any point.
- Any participant under the age of eighteen (18) must have signed permission from a legal parent or guardian to attend the tour.
Download Permit Form and Waiver