Information About Interns
The Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office is proud to cooperate with area colleges and universities in hosting law enforcement interns. The unpaid internships allow students an opportunity to gain practical, field experience through a first-hand, up-close look into the daily operations of the Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office (VCSO), while earning college credits.
In order to be considered for an internship with the VCSO, the student must:
- Be an enrolled student, in good standing, at an accredited college or university
- Have met university requirements (prerequisite courses, GPA, etc) for an internship
- Have local, municipal law enforcement as a career goal
- Submit a letter of interest and request placement as an intern
- Have the university/college internship coordinator or faculty advisor send a letter confirming that academic requirements have been met
- Submit to a criminal records check
Once a student has been cleared for an internship, the VCSO internship coordinator will work with the student in developing a schedule.
For more information about the internship program, please contact Major John Strange, Commander of the Administration Division at 812-421-6203 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Direction Of,
Sheriff Eric R. Williams